Friday, May 12, 2006
The end is near!
The end of the school year, anyway. We had drum major auditions yesterday, and it was actually a great turn out and huge efforts for everyone involved. I hate having to judge these things; I KNOW these kids. I even like most of them. heh Anyway, it's hard. We decided on just one drum major again this year, and told the kids that tried out today. I expect the whole band to know by the banquet tonight, but that's ok. The section leader and captain positions won't be disclosed until tonight, unless my boss caves at school today. Once THAT little debacle is over, I can relax until Freshman camp. Well, I can CLEAN until Freshman camp. But at least I'll be cleaning without the kids up there, so I won't have to worry about it getting messed up before I can come back and enjoy it.

Today the first graders at Cam's school are having "Water Day." I also know that the fifth graders are on their class trip to New Orleans today...I'm wondering if the other classes in between are doing anything productive? LOL I don't blame them a bit-it's the last Friday before school is out...those kids aren't going to focus on anything for longer than a few seconds. I left my cell phone at home today...I'm not focusing very well, either. :) On that note, I'm going to duck out and go start enjoying my Friday. Have a good weekend!
posted by Jen @ 11:07 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Lucky! Our "official" last day of school isn't until June 2nd! I stop teaching this week because the kids are already in la-la land (even my freshmen have senioritis) and they need to study for exams. Now I just have to find out if I have enough summer lessons to tide me over or if I have to go get a "real" job.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kindergarten is having Water Day on Thursday with chick fillet being brought in. I have no clue what 1st grade is planning. All they are basically doing is busy work and watching lots of videos lol! I spent half the morning taking down all the reptile stuff in the hallway and getting it in bookbags. That and removing their names from laminated tags. Tomorrow I get to tackle the sea life stuff in the hallway. My teacher loves to put out their work lol and she has it up and down the hallway.

    I got Jared's Summer Vacation Packet software and workbook today. YAY! He and Seth are actually looking forward to 'school time' during the day and doing the library stuff too!

    Dawn

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!