Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Is it Friday yet?
Man, it's only Tuesday and I'm already over this week. It's not that it's been bad, it's just going to be really, really long. The band is playing at both Pine Forest's and West Florida's graduations, sucking up vast amounts of my ought-to-be-free time.

As far as the weekend, we got through it relatively unscathed. The Band Banquet was Friday, and as expected we had about 4 or 5 kids leave in tears after we announced the section leaders and such for next year. Everyone that I spoke with so far is being really good about it-to my face, anyway. We shall see how it goes later.

Weigh-in was last night, and I lost another 3 pounds. That puts me at a total of 37 pounds lost since I started attending meetings (mid-January), and 42 since I started the online program (end of December). I'm hoping to do my first major wardrobe shift this week. I've been getting rid of things as I realize they don't fit any longer, but I'm hauling out all my summer stuff from last year and am hoping to find that much of it no longer fits. We shall see.

I got a platter of fudge, pralines, and peanut brittle from one of my students today, with a note thanking me for being her teacher. Very sweet. I'm thinking about having Cam write his teacher a little note along the same line-those are very touching.

And now, it's time for lunch. See y'all later!
posted by Jen @ 12:31 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gods I've been feeling the same way, I was just sure today was at least Wednesday ~groan~...


    Dawn

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hmm...I thought it was Wednesday too.

    That's nice that you got a little thank-you acknowledgement. All I've gotten this week was, "Oops, I forgot to bring your money..."

    Congrats on the 42 pounds!!! (I'm stuck at 5 right now) I want to see pictures!!! :)

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on the weight! I know you have been working hard.

    If you had 4 or 5 students leave the band banquet in tears, Pete must have announced I was coming back to kick them around again. (Too bad I'm not) That's the only thing I know of that could scare a teeanger these days.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Thank you! They're entirely too fragile. They seem to have gotten over themselves, though, and are settling in pretty well...of course, we just finished graduation and have yet to really get started on marching season yet...time will tell! As for threatening them with you-3/4 of the band is made up of freshmen...we got a WHOPPING big class this past year and they now make up most of the band. I'll threaten anyway...it's what I do best. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!