Thursday, May 25, 2006
Muppet News Flash!
Heh. I love the Muppets. Anyway, there are a couple new things going on that I figured I'd tell y'all about.

First, I did something this week that I swore I would never do. I claim full responsibility, but still give a stink-eye to two of the Jennifers in my life as being partly responsible...you know who you are. (stink eye) What did I do? ...sigh... I opened a myspace account. Yes, I do feel dirty, and to all you MySpace nerds out there that have been courting me to turn to the dark side...SHUT UP! On an up note, Kermit is my friend, so maybe MySpace isn't entirely evil.

Anyway, on a much more mature note, I've decided that next August (of 2007 for those of you as chronologically challenged as I) I will start to wrap up my education degree and finally become a real, live boy! Heh, just kidding. Another pop culture reference from ages ago that nobody will understand... Anyway, I'll get my official degree and be a real teacher. I don't know that I want the headache of an actual position with the county-I'm plenty happy doing the adjunct thing right now. I don't have faculty meetings, in-service training, and the absolute worst thing EVER...lunch duty. GAH! I hated lunchtime when I was a student - it's NOT any better as an adult...pretending not to be vastly outnumbered, glaring arbitrarily at students that look like they're up to no good. It was horrible. And I was just a SUB, which is like one HUNDRED times worse. Subs are pretty much just glorified baby sitters. Well, except me, because the only teacher I sub for is Pete...the kids already know me and know better than to even think that they're getting a free day. Anyway, I digress...lunch duty sucks.

So that's all the news that I have for now. I'm going to go thank Kermit for adding me, and y'all have a great day. :)
posted by Jen @ 11:45 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    No, I've never heard of "stink eye", but I get what you're saying. And thank you for being my friend. That gives me a grand total of.....one. :)

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the Muppets too; my fave chars were the judges. LOL. In fact, I was just humming the theme song the other day! LOL

    Oh, and I get "stink eye". My SIL uses that term all the time. LOL!

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jenn G said…

    Welcome to Myspace :-)

    ~Jenn~

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!