Thursday, May 18, 2006
Stop me! PLEASE!
I've spent about 2 hours going through all the music files on my computer...fixing up file names, and editing album titles, track numbers, song titles, and artist names. That in and of itself is a little OCD, but then comes the "genre" field. TX Jen, I think you already feel my pain. I'm a musician. I even went to COLLEGE and learned about music. Theory, history, etc. I just spent about 10 minutes trying to decide what genre Andrea Bocelli's latest album falls into. No lie. The internal conversation went a little something like, "Well, it's not 'classical' in the true sense, but it's not Pop. Soundtrack? No, that's not right at all. It's not true opera, either...there's a lot of pop in it." I think I left it at classical. It's classical enough. All my TRULY classical stuff is on CD...besides, it's not like my Music Lit prof will be proofreading my hard drive...right? LOL

**UPDATE!**

TX Jen has come through! "Classical Crossover" She's a genius! Thanks, Jen!
posted by Jen @ 9:27 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I think they need a new category for folks like Bocelli, Groban & Brightman and call it "Classical Crossover".

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!