Saturday, August 04, 2007
I have chore-related ADD
I got up this morning with two main goals in mind: laundry and coffee. Not necessarily in that order, mind you, but that was my vague outline for the morning. Laundry and coffee, coffee and laundry. Before I got out of bed (because I'm lazy...or maybe we could call it 'efficient'? That does sound nicer...) I pulled the fitted sheet off the corners of the bed to make undressing it easier. I tossed sheets and towels in the washer, then headed to the kitchen to start coffee. This is where things started to go off the plan.

I got out in the kitchen and realized it was a mess. It wasn't a disaster, I mean, it's hardly been used for the past 4 days since nobody's been home. The recycling was piled up on the counter, there was a big stain on the stove top, the waffle iron was on the counter (wasn't entirely sure it was clean, either), and it was just way too cluttered for my tastes. I started the coffee and then immediately emptied the dishwasher. I put the two plates and a bowl that were in the sink in there. I emptied the drying rack in the other side of the sink - pots and pans and such. I scrubbed off the stain on the stove. I washed the waffle iron (you know, just in case). I corralled all the recycling and took it outside. Then I sort of stood there going, "Wait...what was I supposed to be doing?"

I headed back in to my room to sort laundry. I had pushed the hamper over on its side before I went out to make the coffee, and upon my return I found my two fattest cats sprawled on the broad side of the hamper. They stayed throughout the sorting process, taking time out of their busy schedules to glare at me when something poked them or otherwise annoyed them on its way out of the hamper. I finished sorting and did that, "What am I supposed to be doing again?" thing AGAIN, and remembered that I'd already made coffee. Whoo hoo!

Back to the kitchen! Cam wants coffee this morning, too, so I pulled down his little Dracula mug and set it on the counter. He gets one scoop of Splenda, I get two. He gets just as much creamer as I do - he doesn't have much coffee in his coffee, you see. Anyway, he asked for leftover pizza for breakfast (yes, I AM a horrible Mom; coffee and pizza for breakfast) so I pulled it out of the fridge and was HORRIFIED by the number of leftover bowls and other crap in there. Sigh... I put a slice of pizza in the microwave and pulled the garbage can over to the fridge. I cleaned out the fridge, dumping the fuzzy contents of bowls into the trash and tossing the bowls themselves into the sink. Once I finished, I washed my hands and took Cam his nutritious breakfast, and then washed the bowls before putting them in the dishwasher. Where was I???? Oh, coffee!

So I grabbed my coffee and came in my room. I started a load of whites after moving my sheets and towels over to the dryer, then plopped down on the edge of the bed to blog. And now you're current. I'm sitting here typing away, drinking my coffee, and waiting for the sweet spot in between loads of laundry where the dryer is running but not the washer. I need to shower. I feel nasty. I just hope I don't get distracted between my laptop and the shower.

Labels:

posted by Jen @ 8:18 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!