Thursday, September 13, 2007
Counter-intuitive
The human body is an amazing thing. Your body does things to help itself. You get hot, your sweat glands kick in, and a cool breeze blows across the sweat and you cool down. Theoretically. I mean, I live in Florida and teach marching band - there ARE no cool breezes. Anyway, I digress. Oh, wait...a TMI warning for you:

**This post will contain references to the female reproductive system; mine specifically. Anyone grossed out or offended by such things, buggar off. You shouldn't be reading my blog anyway. My crude sense of humor is beneath you.**


Anyway, as I was saying. The human body is an amazing self-regulating machine. Except mine.

I'm on birth control pills. I have my period every 3rd week. Except for this month. I'm overachieving this month, ladies and gentlemen. I'm on my second period in 3 weeks. Surprise!!!

I talked to Barb about it and she says it's probably just stress. Well. Gee. Thanks, body! I mean, yeah I'm stressed. Having 2 periods in 3 weeks is NO way to relax me, I assure you. Thus far it's generated quite the OPPOSITE effect, thanks very much.

First there's the "Why am I having TWO periods this month?! I can NOT be pregnant - I paid too damn much for college to be pregnant!!" Then there's the whole, "I already had my period this month and don't need to carry anything period-related for WEEKS!/JEN IS COMPLETELY UNPREPARED" thing. Then it's really a lather-rinse-repeat sort of situation; I get over the "stuck at school with no change of clothes, maybe my husband can bring me some" side and revert back to the "dear lord PLEASE don't let me be pregnant" thing. I mean, I know the telltale sign of pregnancy is a missed period, not double periods. I just don't like change in such a touchy arena of my biology.

Ugh.
posted by Jen @ 9:36 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!