Monday, April 17, 2006
"In the olden days"
During dinner tonight, Cam mentioned something about a field trip coming up. They just finished two weeks of a big first grade standardized test, so it's party time now. I asked where they were going, and he said, "We're going to see a play. You know, like when y'all were little and before the movies?"

...

Um, what?

Yeah, so apparently the only form of entertainment we had "in the olden days before the movies" were plays. Perhaps the stage was lit by whale oil lamps? Or maybe we watched them during the day, as it was too dark at night, and we had yet to master fire. In between dinosaur attacks and cave paintings, of course.

I feel another gray hair cropping up.
posted by Jen @ 9:12 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Stifles hysterical laughter just long enough to pass the Miss Clairol*

    Not like I have much room to talk....LOL.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heh...I feel your pain! My kids tend to think horse and buggies were the mode of transportation in my misguided youth! They were shocked to discover how old I was was the first Star Wars came out. Creeps!

    Dawn II

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Hee-hee. Dawn, I was 6 days old when Star Wars came out. :)

    I feel a gray hair or two coming on myself.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!