Thursday, April 20, 2006
Monday again?!
I swear I'm having a Monday again. My actual Monday was MUCH better than today. I must have missed a memo or something. Cam and I were late getting out the door to catch the bus, and as a result caught all the traffic lights between home and the bus stop RED. He seemed to temporarily forget how to remove himself from my van once we got there. I peeled out to head to school, only to catch every light along the way RED once again. There were actually kids waiting for me outside the band room door when I got there. "Thank GOD, Mrs. Smith! We were afraid you weren't coming!" What, did I quit and nobody told me? Sheesh. I'm walking around while Pete directs, helping where ever I'm needed, and he tells the band that *I* will be conducting this piece at the concert. Wha?! Well, I probably ought to study that score, then. Blah blah, fast forward to work. It's a Club Roland day...'nuff said about THAT. I'm 2 diet cokes and 2 cups of coffee into my caffeine for the day, and I have a dull, achy head that refuses to stop hurting. My stomach started HOWLING around 10...to say it growled would be a gross understatement...it was howling. Thankfully that crap stopped-I haven't had a chance to get lunch yet, but am noshing on some gum (mmm...Orbit Sweet Mint...) and am fine. As if all this crap wasn't enough, I'm scheduled for my pap this afternoon, too. Nothing like climbing up into the cold, stainless steel stirrups to cheer up a girl. Then I get to haul ass to rehearsal, and then head home. ...sigh...

I'm really, really tired. I was up way too late last night, and slept like a brick for the 4 hours I actually slept. I didn't get to sleep until after 1. To top THAT off, apparently all the big, giant, deformed, and rabid palmetto bugs in the swamp behind our house? They decided it's too damn hot and dry out for them, so they're moving in. We killed THREE in my bedroom alone last night. Three!! I haven't seen one in the house for MONTHS. We're not sloppy people. We're not bug infested. We're CAT infested, but that's another story. When I actually SLEPT and was not being strafed by some suicidal mutant bug, I slept well. It's no wonder that today has turned out to be such a gem. I'm going to go find some more caffeine in the hopes that my headache goes away before rehearsal...nothing like a trumpet sectional to help out a headache. Ugh.
posted by Jen @ 1:14 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
who's here:
jen reads:

Blogroll Me!
where's jen:
photo album:
Click here to go to my online album. Registration required to view images!
relatively current:
the 'previouslies':
Template by
Free Blogger Templates
© No promises!